Single Mom...


Just finished watching the movie Mom at Sixteen. The movie moved me... The movie teaches a lot about teenagers nowadays. About gestures, fashion and lust can lead to early pregnancies and struggles at an early age... I can never disagree to the movie... Coz its kinda been there done that.

I am a single a mom... Not at 16 but at 19. Not in highschool but a fresh diploma graduate without a stable job. I also had to choose between my mom and the guy who offered to elope with him because he is afraid to face my family. I choose mom amidst him telling me I will regret this decision in the future because they will forever slap this mistake to my face in the future.

From all the fear, confusion, hurt and struggle I felt that time. One thing I can say.... I made the right decision. It was all worth it. Choosing to stay with my mom over the father of my son was the turning point of my life and most rewarding decision I have ever made. Because everything was put in place after that. There might be setbacks and struggles but its nothing comparable from the fullfillment I felt right now.

The family eventually accepted and forgiven me. I was able to stand on my toe. I was able to provide for my son, my mom and extended family. And that guy (the father of my son) was already married to a single mom because he got her pregnant...

One thing I realize in the movie is that mom will always be mom to their daughter/son. In times of trouble they will always weight things from what is right or wrong but in the end their decision will always be influence by how they love us so much. And because they love us so much they make decisions that will in some ways hurt us or got us confuse. We may never understand why they do those things or make those decisions but all I know is eventually we will realize they are right. And that they are just thinking what is best for us... because they love us.

On the part of the movie when the young mom said "I cant give him up. I cant say goodbye." On the process of pregnancy and labor we may say, yes I can have the baby adopted because its for his own good... But after giving birth of the baby and see them on top of your belly crying. The feeling of love for your baby will make you stronger. It'll give you energy and strength to say I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Quick Search

affection Alone Attitude battles beautiful Beauty believe bestfriend Blog Book Boyce Avenue Boys broken hearted careful caring challenges change choice Choices Cody simpson comfort commitment Confessions Confuse Confusion contentment countless chances courage Cry David Choi Decisions Demi Lovato Derek Ramsey Destiny Determination Dignified Dilemma distance Dream drink Encourage eyes failures faith Family Fate Father fearless love Feelings fighter fire flirt flowers fooling around Freedom Friendship Frustrated Funny Quotes future Gary Chapman General Glenn Medeiros God goodbye Goodbyes grateful Gratitude Happiness heart Humor hurt Ignorance inlove Inspiration inspirational quotes inspire Jason Mraz Jokes Juris karma Kidlat kindness laugh laughs Law of Karma Laws of Attraction Lea Salonga lie life Lifehouse Limitations Living loneliness loose loss Love lyrics Marriage Memories mistakes mood moon mother motherhood Movie Movie Review moving on Mr Bean Music music lyrics Music Video Mutual Understanding Nadine Samonte needed night Oprah Winfrey options orchids pain passion Past patience perfect man Personal Rants Photo Pick-up lines Pictogram Pinoy Quotes poem Pray prayer present pressure pretension promises Purpose Quitter Quitting Quotes real friends real man Reality red roses regret regrets Relationship Respect Restriction risk Sad sadness scars Serendipity sexy Sharon Cuneta sign of true love Silence smart Smile smiles Sorrow Sorrows Sorry Sound trip Soundtrack speaking up Spice Girls Spongebob Stranger strength stress Success Surface Sweet words talks teardrops tenderness The Secret Daily Teachings thoughts time Trials true friend true love Trust Truth Two Words Understand unlucky value vulnerable wedding wedding song list wedding vow Wish Woman womans heart Words worst mood wounds yellow roses You and Me youtube video